Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Podcasting: Sounds like something farmers do when planting new crops>

Throughout this assignment I have found that many of the tools we are investigating take a lot of time to 'play with'. When if I had been smart I would have followed the steps outlined for each task, I know sometimes I should read the instructions before going at it guns shooting. I know that I am not a very patient person and I am very (x1000) slowly learning to do what I should and one day I might even learn to do it the first time. But please do not hold your breath waiting for that to happen. I have already posted 12 'insights' about the tools previous to this one and this is the first time I have attempted to follow the steps. As a Learning Manager I should know better and I am trying. It is very important to encourage children, who like myself, to manage impulsivity which is outlined in our Dimensions of Learning Manual in Dimension 5: Habits of Mind (Marzano& Pickering). Oops first hiccup of the night but I will keep trying so that I can show the students that it does pay to keep at something until you reach your goal. I can see how these would be excellent tools to use in a classroom to assist auditory learners as they can be downloaded onto an iPod or MP3 ( MP3 is an audio-specific format that was designed by the Moving Picture Experts Group. The group was formed by several teams of engineers at Fraunhofer IIS in Erlangen, Germany, AT&T-Bell Labs in Murray Hill, NJ, USA, Thomson-Brandt, and CCETT as well as others. It was approved as an ISO/IEC standard in 1991.) and the individual student/s could listen to aspects of a lesson that they need further instruction in or to extend their knowledge base. By engaging students in this manner it once again makes the learniing more relevant to the world they live in as well as making it more interesting. They percieve themselves as someone that the teacher wants to learn and they gain a sense of ownership about the tasks they participate in.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3

No comments:

Post a Comment